Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fashion at the Vancouver Winter Olympics

I have to admit, I have Olympic fever. As much as I enjoy watching the games, the costumes worn by the Ice Dancers over the last few days is of worth noting. From sequins, sparkle, lace and everything in between - there was nothing holding these teams back. Notably the Russian team seemed to have lost their way a bit. Some people commented it was too over the top. When their costumes first debuted at the European Championships in January it drew a lot of criticism by Aborigines in Australia. They subsequently toned down their costumes for the Olympic games. Personally, I loved watching the team skate but I lost focus as I saw long pieces of rope bobbing up and down from their waists as they skated. I guess if it was a gold medal performance I wouldn't have minded. 

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment